"Let the fresh air in and keep the pests out!"
The Bug Blocker® Service Door Screen Insert Executive Summary
The Bug Blocker®
Service Door Screen Insert
Phone: 800-537-3802 or 763-479-1144
Rasco Industries, Inc.
5310 Shoreline Drive
Mound, MN 55364
- Product Overview:
The Bug Blocker Service Door Screen Insert Panel is designed to ventilate any commercial facility, while eliminating the problems that occur when hollow metal service doors are left propped open. The Bug Blocker provides security, while eliminating entrance by unauthorized people, insects, birds, and rodents while providing needed ventilation.
The Bug Blocker Service Door Screen Insert Panel can be retrofitted into existing service doors. This product’s construction of 304 stainless steel screen and aluminum alloy frame is designed to withstand the rigors of the toughest industrial environments. A removable clear polycarbonate insert panel, or removable insulated metal panel can be locked into place for plant lock-down or during cooler weather. Up to two insert panels can be added per door (one above and one below the panic opener). There are two standard mesh sizes: one for security applications, another selected and tested by the USDA for food industry applications. Both meet Federal Specification Standard A-A-1037 for stainless steel wire mesh. A new option is to use stainless steel expanded metal which is available with or without 30 mesh for pest prevention.
- Applications and Sizes:
- The Bug Blocker Service Door Screen Insert Panel can be added to an existing hollow metal door. Available standard sizes are 25″w x 35″h, 25″w x 31″h, or 25″w x 25″h for 1 3/4 inch thick doors. Allow for a 10″ kick plate at bottom of door when used above and below the panic opener. A storage rack can be mounted below the panic opener, or on a wall to allow for easy access and storage of the removable metal or clear polycarbonate panels. Other sizes are also available.
- Bug Blocker Service Door Screen Insert Options:
- Wire Screen Mesh
For security applications, specify the wire mesh that is .023″diameter, 12x12 (lines/inch) 304 stainless steel. Extremely strong, this screen has been approved in many states for minimum-security institutions and detention centers. Yet, the opening size allows ventilation without sacrificing the ability to keep out most insect species. It also meets Federal Specification Standard A-A-1037 for 304 stainless steel wire mesh.
For greater security, expanded metal 304 stainless steel utilizes 5/8 inch 20 gauge with 71% free area. 30 mesh can be added to the expanded metal for pest prevention. For food processing applications using flour, grain, and rice products on the premises specify the wire mesh that is .011” diameter, 30x30 (lines/inch) 304 stainless steel. It was chosen after extensive testing by the USDA Agricultural Research Service. Their testing established this insect screen’s ability to prevent entry by even very small insect classes that are of special concern to food facilities using flour products. These small classes include: sawtooth grain beetle, merchant grain beetle, rice weevil, cigarette beetle, foreign grain beetle, granary weevil, etc. Test documentation is available upon request. This insect screen also meets Federal Specification Standard A-A-1037 for 304 stainless steel wire mesh.
- Security Bars
- In applications where high security is desired, The Bug Blocker® Service Door Screen Insert can be specified with aluminum bars horizontally every 6 inches throughout the sections.
The Bug Blocker® Service Door Screen Insert adds ventilation to hollow metal service doors. It's aluminum and stainless steel construction allows easy wash-down from high-pressure hoses.
Companies in the food industry, or that provide products to the food industry, and are inspected by the FDA, State, USDA, A.S.I. (American Sanitation Institute), or A.I.B. (American Institute of Baking) should consider this insect screen as part of their non-chemical pest control and Homeland Security programs.
Commercial customers using The Bug Blocker® Service Door Screen Insert include high technology electronics plants, plastics manufacturers, cosmetic manufacturers, printing plants, paper plants, pet food processors, distillers, distribution centers, and all types of food processing, storage, and packaging plants. Additionally, any company with security concerns can benefit from this product.
- Materials Used:
- The Bug Blocker® Service Door Screen Insert is constructed with an aluminum frame and uses 304 stainless steel wire mesh (see screen options). The solid Insert panel is 22-gauge powder coated steel with one inch of weatherproof insulation. The clear insert panel is 3/8-inch polycarbonate.
- Rasco Industries, Inc. (“Manufacturer”) warrants to the original purchaser (“Buyer”) the products purchased and paid for by Buyer and manufactured by Manufacturer to be free from defects in material and workmanship when used in standard conditions, under normal use and service for a period of 5- years from the date the goods are received by Buyer. Products resold by manufacturer, such as springs and motor operators, have the industry standard of 1-year limited warranty.
- Professional installation is also available. For information on dealers/installers in a specific geographic area, please contact Rasco Industries, Inc.
- Additional Documentation Available:
- The Bug Blocker® Product Family End User Information Package
- The Bug Blocker® Product Family Illustrations (of applications)
- The Bug Blocker® Product Family Data Sheet
- The Bug Blocker® Product Family Engineering Specification
- The Bug Blocker® Product Family Order Forms
- The Bug Blocker® Product Family End User Price List
Bug Blocker offers many different types of security doors. Learn more about our overhead security door, insect screens or security screens. Contact us today and we will help you find the product that works best for your facility!