"Let the fresh air in and keep the pests out!"
The Bug Blocker® Service Door Screen Insert Engineering Specifications
Part 1 - GENERAL
1.01 SECTION INCLUDES
- Door insert of the following type:
- Specialty insert panel with stainless steel mesh for hollow metal service entry doors to provide both ventilation and security.
- ANSI/SDI A250.8-2014- Specs for Standard Steel Doors (SDI-100)
- Section 08100 - Standard Hollow Metal Doors and Frames
- ANSI/ SDI A250.11 - Recommended Erection Instructions for Steel Frames.
- Administrative requirements, for submittal procedures.
- Product Data: Provide copy of manufacturer's owners' manual & Installation instruction manual.
- Shop Drawings: Indicate overall dimensions (width, height).
1.04 QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Manufacturer Qualifications: Company specializing in manufacturing products specified in the section, with not less than 10 years of documented experience.
- Installer Qualifications: Company specializing in performing the work of this section minimum three years of experience.
- Door manufacturer shall provide a minimum 1-year limited warranty on parts
- Correct defective work within a one year period after date of substantial completion.
Part 2 - PRODUCTS
- Basis of design shall be Rasco Industries, Inc. - SDSI - The Service Door Screen Insert, www.bugblocker.com, Mound, MN 800-537-3802
- Substitutions: See section 1.04 Quality Assurance- Product Requirements
- Screen insert shall be sized for openings as scheduled on the drawings.
- Standard size is 25"w x 31"h with the option of 25"w x 35"h. Dual screens on a door and custom sizes are allowable as long as proper door strength and stability is not compromised per steel door standards (see ANSI/SDI A250.8-2014) Optional lower placement of second SDSI to be placed under panic opener and above the recommended 10" kick plate. Lower insert standard size is 24"w x 25"h.
- Stainless steel screen mesh type insert which shall be installed into existing service door and will use 304 stainless steel mesh to withstand the industrial environment.
- Service Door Screen Insert shall provide free area for ventilation, while restricting access for insects, birds, animals, or other unauthorized entry.
- The frame shall be aluminum alloy 6063-T6 with mill finish. Groove provided for applying caulk to seal the outside frame to the door.
- SDSI held in place by tamper proof headed screws to be provided by manufacturer.
- Color: Manufacturer's standard of mill finish
- The screening shall be of 304 stainless steel wire mesh in either of the following configurations:
Mesh Wire Diameter Opening Size Free Area 1. Standard 12x12 0.023″ 0.0603 in. sq. 51.8% 2. Fine 30x30 0.011″ 0.0223 in. sq. 44.8% 3. Expanded metal 3/4 inch, 20 gauge, flattened, expanded 304 stainless steel. 82% free area opening size of 1.018 sq.in. Security bars shall be required with the choice of expanded metal. Expanded metal does not provide insect control unless additional #12 or #30 mesh is purchased and specified to be added to Expanded mesh.
- Optional storage rack which consists of 2 corners and upper latch keeper. Storage rack may be placed on door or wall to hold cover in place.
- Optional aluminum security bars for added security may be purchased.
- Optional Solid Insert Cover: A Solid insert panel may be optioned. For use in winter or during cooler night temperatures. Constructed of 22 gauge powdercoated steel. Standard color: Grey. Panel with thermal brake between front and back panels, 13/16th inch of foam insulation, 2 handles, and a turning latch. Available in standard sizes only of 25"w x 31"h, 25"w x 35"h, or 25"w x 25"h.
- Optional Clear Insert Cover: A solid clear insert panel may be optioned. For use in winter or during cooler night temperatures. Allows light in and allows viewing outside. Constructed of clear 3/8 inch polycarbonate with an aluminum frame, turning latch, and two handles. Custom sizes available.
MEETS FEDERAL SPECIFICATION STANDARD A-A-1037B DATED APRIL 19, 1990 FOR TYPE I, CLASS I WIRE FABRIC. ASTM 478-97 (REAPPOVED 2002) MEETS THE ASTM STANDARD SPECIFICATION FOR INDUSTRIAL WIRE CLOTH AND SCREENS, DESIGNATION E 437-85. ISO 9044