"Let the fresh air in and keep the pests out!"
The Bug Blocker® Expanded Metal Security Door Executive Summary
The Bug Blocker®
Expanded Metal Overhead Security Door
Phone: 800-537-3802 or 763-479-1144
Rasco Industries, Inc.
5310 Shoreline Drive
Mound, MN 55364
- For use with vertical lift, high lift, standard lift, behind rolling steel door, and stand-alone doors.
- Product Overview:
This expanded stainless steel screen door works with your existing overhead dock door and is designed to ventilate any commercial facility, while preventing the problems that occur when loading dock doors are left open. This door helps eliminate entrance by unauthorized people, birds and rodents. It also acts as a deterrent for employee theft. Another benefit is helping prevent falls off an open loading dock. This provides security and peace of mind for your facilities.
The Expanded Metal Overhead Security Door operates in its own track, as the preferred method, or track switch can be added to the existing overhead door’s track system. Using the existing door’s lower vertical track, we add a track switch mechanism at the top of the opening, a second set of upper tracks, and a sectional expanded metal stainless steel screen door. The unique track switch design allows for the independent use of this door and the existing overhead door, without manual intervention.The dual track system utilizes a separate track with side plates This configuration allows the user to lower our door and vary the amount of ventilation with the main one for security applications. It utilizes 5/8 inch, 20 gauge, flattened, expanded 304 stainless steel screen mesh.
- High Lift, Vertical Lift and Standard Lift Overhead Doors
The Expanded Metal Overhead Door System can be used in new construction or retrofitted into any existing high lift, vertical lift and standard lift loading dock doors using the track switch mechanism. It utilizes the same vertical track as the existing door for a tight seal against the door header. The track switch is available for 2” or 3” track applications.
Another application for screen loading dock doors is to install a second (dual) track behind the existing door’s track. Added Galvanized steel reverse-angle side plates close the gaps created by the second track. Brush seal can be used to eliminate any additional gaps on the sides and across the top of the Expanded Metal Security Door. The advantage of the dual track is the ability of the user to place the Expanded Metal Screen Door in the down position and place the existing door at any level within the opening, thereby regulating the amount of airflow allowed into the facility.
- Rolling Steel Doors
- With rolling steel door applications, a separate track is used. The Expanded Metal Overhead Security Door can be mounted behind the rolling door’s track. Added galvanized style plates are used to seal the sides. Since two tracks are utilized, the user can place the door in the down position, and place the rolling door at any level within the opening, allowing the user to regulate the amount of airflow allowed into the facility.
- Stand Alone Doors
- The Expanded Metal Overhead Security Door can be used alone as the only door for a high lift, standard lift, vertical lift loading dock opening.
- Overhead Door Options
- Electric Operator
- The Expanded Metal Overhead Security Door can be motor operated, using industry standard jackshaft operators. A solid torsion bar should be specified in this application. In a switched track application an interlock switch should be specified if either/both doors are to be motorized.
- The Expanded Metal Screen Overhead Security Door helps users with a strong solution for controlling employee theft and unauthorized entry. Another benefit is allowing ventilation while helping prevent falls off an open dock door. Its stainless steel screen material allows easy wash-down from high-pressure hoses. These doors should be considered to be a part of your companies security and defense programs. Commercial customers using the Expanded Metal Overhead Screen Door system include well known large distribution centers, manufacturing plants, high security locations and storage facilities. Any company with ventilation and security concerns can benefit from this product.
- This product is warranted for 1 year from date of installation for defects in materials.
- Professional installation is available and recommended by the manufacturer. For information on dealers/installers in a specific geographic area, please contact Rasco Industries, Inc.
- Additional Documentation Available:
- The Expanded Metal Overhead Security Door Data Sheet
- The Expanded Metal Overhead Security Door Engineering Specification
Interested in learning more about our security screens and bird screen products? Watch our product videos or contact us today and we will be happy to provide you more information about the overhead security doors we offer.