"Let the fresh air in and keep the pests out!"
The Bug Blocker® Expanded Metal Security Door Engineering Specifications
Part 1 - GENERAL
1.01 SECTION INCLUDES
- Sectional overhead doors of the following type:
- Specialty aluminum doors with stainless steel expanded metal mesh for selected dock positions.
1.02 RELATED REQUIREMENTS
- Section 083613- Sectional Doors: Coordination of door and track
- Section 06100- Rough Carpentry: Rough wood framing and blocking for door opening.
- Administrative requirements, for submittal procedures.
- Product Data: Provide copy of manufacturer's owners' manual & Installation instruction manual.
- Shop Drawings: Indicate overall dimensions (width, height).
1.04 QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Manufacturer Qualifications: Company specializing in manufacturing products specified in the section, with not less than 10 years of documented experience.
- Installer Qualifications: Company specializing in performing the work of this section minimum three years of experience.
- Door manufacturer shall provide a minimum 1-year limited warranty on parts
- Correct defective work within a one year period after date of substantial completion.
- Track switch, if selected, shall be warranted for the lifetime of the door.
Part 2 - PRODUCTS
- Basis of design shall be Rasco Industries, Inc.- Expanded Metal Door System- www.bugblocker.com, Mound, MN 800-537-3802
- Substitutions: See section 1.04 Quality Assurance- Product Requirements
- Doors shall be sized for openings as scheduled on the drawings.
- Stainless steel Expanded Metal screen mesh type door shall be installed in conjunction with an overhead door.
- The Expanded Metal Screen Door shall provide free area for ventilation, while restricting access for birds, animals, or other unauthorized entry. If the option of adding #30 mesh to the expanded metal door is added then restricting insect infiltration will be provided also.
- Color: Manufacturer's standard of mill finish. Powder coat option may be selected for additional cost. Color as selected by architect or client.
- Operation shall allow either the sectional door or Expanded Metal door to have smooth travel. Fabricate sections so finished Expanded Metal door assembly is rigid and aligned and free of warp, twist, and deformation.
- Manufacturers standard of manual operation or option of motor operator. If motor operator is to be utilized and the switch track is the configuration then an interlock switch shall be used for each motor utilized. A solid shaft shall be specified with use of any motor operator regardless of lift.
- The Expanded Metal door may utilize either:
- Track Switch. Sectional door's existing track utilizing a provided track switch mechanism at the top of the opening for operation. Addition of a second set of upper tracks for storage. Operation shall allow either the standard sectional door or the Expanded Metal door to be lowered. Allowing smooth switching between doors on same track. Track switch available in the 2" manufacturers standard or a 3" option. Must match existing solid doors track dimension.
- Dual Track. Separate track placed behind existing door track allowing either or both doors in down position. Additional upper and lower track, track clips, to be provided by manufacturer. Standard is 2" with option of 3" track available.
- Lift configuration: Refer to drawings for door height and configuration to work with solid overhead door configuration. Choices include:
- Vertical Lift
- High Lift
- Standard Lift
- Behind rolling steel door
- Side Sliding (may be single or bi-parting)
- Stand-Alone door
- Springs: Tempered steel with minimum cycle life of 15,000.
- Aluminum frame 1 1/2" or 1 7/8" thick, all aluminum construction with extruded aluminum rails, slide lock, commercial grade hardware, provided standard 2" or option of 3" ten ball rollers, and galvanized steel 11 gauge hinges.
- The Screening shall be of 3/4" inch, 20 gauge, flattened, expanded 304 Stainless steel. It shall have 82% free area. Opening size 1.018sq.in.
MEETS FEDERAL SPECIFICATION STANDARD A-A-1037B DATED APRIL 19, 1990 FOR TYPE I, CLASS I WIRE FABRIC. ASTM 478-97 (REAPPOVED 2002) MEETS THE ASTM STANDARD SPECIFICATION FOR INDUSTRIAL WIRE CLOTH AND SCREENS, DESIGNATION E 437-85.