"Let the fresh air in and keep the pests out!"
The Bug Blocker® Overhead Chain-Link Security Door Executive Summary
The Bug Blocker®
Overhead Chain Link Security Door
Phone: 800-537-3802 or 763-479-1144
Fax: 800-537-3602 or 763-479-1147
Rasco Industries, Inc.
5310 Shoreline Drive
Mound, MN 55364
Overhead Chain-Link Security Door Models:
- For use with:
- Vertical lift
- high lift
- standard lift
- behind rolling steel door
Overhead Chain-Link Security Door Product Overview:
The Overhead Chain-Link Security Door is designed to ventilate any commercial facility while preventing the security problems that occur when overhead loading dock doors are left open. The Overhead Chain-Link Security Door eliminates entrance by unauthorized people and is a deterrent to employee theft.
The Overhead Chain-Link Security Door operates in its own track, as the preferred method, or is added to the existing overhead door’s track system. Using the existing door’s lower vertical track, we add a track switch mechanism at the top of the opening, a second set of upper tracks, and a sectional Chain-Link Security Door. The unique track switch design allows for the independent use of The Chain-Link Security Door and the existing overhead door, without manual intervention. The sections are multiple configurations of 3’1”, 4’ 1” and/or 5’ 1” high panels.
Applications for Overhead Chain-Link Security Door:
With High Lift and Vertical Lift Overhead Doors:
The Overhead Chain-Link Security Door can be used in new construction or retrofitted into any existing high lift or vertical lift loading dock doors using the track switch mechanism. It utilizes the same vertical track as the existing door.
The preferred application approach for high lift and vertical lift loading dock doors is to install a second (dual) track behind the existing door’s track. Galvanized steel, reverse angle side plates close any gaps created by the second track. The advantage of the dual track is the ability of the user to place The Overhead Chain-Link Security Door in the down position and place the existing door at any level within the opening, allowing the user to regulate the amount of airflow allowed into the facility.
With Rolling Steel Doors:
- With rolling steel door applications, a separate track is used. The Bug Blocker® Overhead Chain-Link Security Door can be mounted behind the rolling door’s track. Since two tracks are utilized, the user can place The Overhead Chain-Link Security Door in the down position, and place the rolling door at any level within the opening, allowing the user to regulate the amount of airflow allowed into the facility.
Side Sliding Chain Link Security Door:
- The side sliding Chain-Link Security Door can be used stand-alone or mounted over the existing side sliding door.
Stand Alone Chain-Link Security Door:
- The Overhead Chain-Link Security Door can be used as the only door for a high lift, vertical lift, or side sliding loading dock openings.
Overhead Chain-Link Security Door Options:
Electric Operator for Overhead Chain-Link Security Door:
- The Overhead Chain-Link Security Door can be motor operated, using industry-standard jackshaft operators. A solid torsion bar should be specified in this application. In a switched track application an interlock switch should be specified if either/both doors are to be motorized, one per motor.
Overhead Chain-Link Security Door Benefits:
- The Overhead Chain-Link Security Door provides users with a permanent solution for controlling employee theft and unauthorized entry. Its galvanized steel 2” diamond fencing material allows easy wash-down from high-pressure hoses. The Overhead Chain-Link Security Door should be considered for Homeland Security programs. Current customers include military, government locations, prisons, nuclear plant facilities. Commercial customers using The Chain-Link Security Door includes high technology electronics plants, distribution centers, and all types of manufacturing plants, storage facilities, and industrial areas. Any company with security concerns can benefit from this product. Call us today at 800-537-3802 to discuss the best options for your facility.
Materials Used for Overhead Chain-Link Security Door:
- The Overhead Chain-Link Security Door is constructed of a galvanized steel 2” diamond fencing material with an aluminum frame. All hardware meets the overhead door industry standard for commercial grade usage.
Overhead Chain-Link Security Door Warranty:
- Rasco Industries, Inc. (“Manufacturer”) warrants to the original purchaser (“Buyer”) the products purchased and paid for by Buyer and manufactured by Manufacturer to be free from defects in material and workmanship when used in standard conditions, under normal use and service for a period of 5-years from the date the goods are received by Buyer. Products resold by manufacturer, such as springs and motor operators, have the industry standard of 1-year limited warranty.
Overhead Chain-Link Security Door Installation:
- Professional installation is available and recommended by the manufacturer. For information on dealers/installers in a specific geographic area, please contact Rasco Industries, Inc. Call us today at 800-537-3802 to find a dealer/install near you.
Additional Documentation Available:
- The Bug Blocker® Product Family Data Sheet
- The Bug Blocker® Product Family Engineering Specification
Not finding the bug blocker or rodent control security door you are looking for? Check out some of our other products: fabric doors, industrial screen door, and louver screens. Contact us to request literature or more information about our security screen doors and similar products. Contact Bug Blocker to learn more or watch some of their security door product videos. Still have questions? Call us at 800-537-3802 today or fill out our Contact Us form.