"Let the fresh air in and keep the pests out!"
The Bug Blocker® Chain-Link Security Door Engineering Specifications
Part 1 - GENERAL
1.01 SECTION INCLUDES
- Sectional overhead doors of the following type:
- Specialty aluminum doors with galvanized Chain Link mesh for selected dock positions.
1.02 RELATED REQUIREMENTS
- Section 083613- Sectional Doors: Coordination of door and track
- Section 06100- Rough Carpentry: Rough wood framing and blocking for door opening.
- Administrative requirements, for submittal procedures.
- Product Data: Provide copy of manufacturer's owners' manual & Installation instruction manual.
- Shop Drawings: Indicate overall dimensions (width, height).
1.04 QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Manufacturer Qualifications: Company specializing in manufacturing products specified in the section, with not less than 10 years of documented experience.
- Installer Qualifications: Company specializing in performing the work of this section minimum three years of experience.
- Door manufacturer shall provide a minimum 1-year limited warranty on parts
- Correct defective work within a one year period after date of substantial completion.
Part 2 PRODUCTS
- Basis of design shall be Rasco Industries, Inc.- Chain Link Security Door - www.bugblocker.com, Mound, MN 800-537-3802
- Substitutions: See section 1.04 Quality Assurance- Product Requirements
- Doors shall be sized for openings as scheduled on the drawings.
- Chain Link Security Door type shall be installed in conjunction with an overhead door.
- The Chain Link Security Door shall provide free area for ventilation, while providing inventory security and restricting access for animals, visitors or other unauthorized entry thru the dock door.
- Color: Manufacturer's standard of mill finish. Powder coat option may be selected for additional cost. Color as selected by architect or client.
- Operation shall allow either the sectional door or screen door to have smooth travel. Fabricate sections so finished Chain Link screen door assembly is rigid and aligned and free of warp, twist, and deformation.
- Manufacturers standard of manual operation or option of motor operator. If motor operator is to be utilized and the switch track is the configuration then an interlock switch shall be used for each motor utilized. A solid shaft shall be specified with use of any motor operator regardless of lift.
- The Chain Link security door may utilize either:
- Manufacturers standard of the Dual Track. Separate track placed behind existing door track allowing either or both doors in down position. Additional upper and lower track, and track clips to be to be provided by manufacturer. Standard track width is 2" with option of 3" track available.
- Option of Track Switch. Sectional door's existing track utilizing a provided track switch mechanism at the top of the opening for operation. Addition of a second set of upper tracks for storage. Operation shall allow either the existing sectional door or the Chain Link screen door to be lowered. Allowing smooth switching between doors on the same track. Track switch available in the 2" manufacturers standard or a 3" option. Must match existing solid doors track dimension.
- Lift configuration: Refer to drawings for door height and configuration to work with solid overhead door configuration. Choices include:
- Vertical Lift
- High Lift
- Standard Lift
- Behind rolling steel door
- Side Sliding (may be single or bi-parting)
- Stand-Alone door
- Springs: Tempered steel with minimum cycle life of 15,000.
- Chain Link fence screening material shall be 11 gauge galvanized steel with a wire diameter 0.120" and an opening size of 2" diamond. Chain Link frame to be 2 1/2" x 1 1/2" thick extruded aluminum 1/8th" wall, internally braced corners with 10 gauge galvanized steel plates. The Chain Link screen shall be captivated within the aluminum frame. The mounting hardware shall be commercial grade 11 gauge steel. Track, slide lock, commercial grade hardware, bottom bumpers (for soft closing) and the standard 2" or option of 3" ten ball long stem rollers shall be included.
MEETS FEDERAL SPECIFICATION STANDARD ASTM A392 SPECIFICATIONS FOR ZINC-COATED STEEL CHAIN-LINK FENCE FABRIC. ASTM A392 HOT DIPPED GALVANIZED AFTER WEAVING DESIGNATION GAW.