"Let the fresh air in and keep the pests out!"
The Bug Blocker® Behind Rolling Steel Screen Door System Executive Summary
The Bug Blocker®
Behind Rolling Steel Screen Door System
Phone: 800-537-3802 or 763-479-1144
Rasco Industries, Inc.
5310 Shoreline Drive
Mound, MN 55364
Models available for a Behind Rolling Steel Door:
- Vertical lift, high lift, standard lift, behind rolling steel door.
The Bug Blocker® Overhead Screen Door System is a commercial screen door designed to ventilate your facility, while eliminating the problems that occur when commercial loading dock doors are left open. Custom made doors using stainless steel mesh. Our bug screens work in conjunction with your existing rolling or coiling steel door. The Behind Rolling Screen Door provides security, while eliminating entrance by unauthorized people, insects, birds, and rodents. It also acts as a deterrent for employee theft and helps you secure the vulnerable loading dock area.
Helping food manufacturers comply with the FSMA key requirements of Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls needed for the loading dock door area.
The Bug Blocker Overhead Screen Door System is added to your existing rolling steel door. Installed in its own track in front of your rolling door. The Bug Blocker® Behind Rolling screen door comes with brush seal for all three sides and deep reverse angle (steel) the depth of the roll. The deep reverse angle is placed from the bottom of the roll down to the floor on each side sealing and closing everything in, like a vestibule mount. Sealing the sides help prevent bug, pest, bird and rodent intrusion. This configuration allows the user to lower the Bug Blocker® door and vary the amount of ventilation with the main overhead door. The standard maximum size limit is 25 ft. wide unless approved engineering drawings are submitted with the order. To determine which mesh is best for your industry visit http://www.bugblocker.com/screen-mesh-sizing. There are two popular mesh sizes selected and tested by the USDA for food industry applications: #12 mesh for food and security door applications and the #30 mesh for use in facilities with grain, rice or flour. Both meet Federal Specification Standard A-A-1037 for stainless steel wire mesh.
An effective bird barrier, insect screen, security screen, rodent screen barrier and bug barrier. Our ventilating screen door system not only helps with natural airflow but is an effective security screen door.
Vertical lift, high lift, standard lift, behind rolling steel door
The Bug Blocker® Overhead Screen Door System can be used in new construction or retrofitted into any existing high lift, vertical lift, and standard lift loading dock door.
The application approach for high lift, vertical lift, and standard lift loading dock doors is to install a second (dual) track behind the existing door's track. A galvanized steel, reverse angle side plate and brush seal closes any gaps created by the second track. Brush seal is used to eliminate gaps on the sides, and across the top of The Bug Blocker® door. The advantage of the dual track is the ability of the user to place The Bug Blocker® Overhead Screen Door in the down position and place the existing door at any level within the opening, thereby regulating the amount of airflow allowed into the facility.
Rolling Steel Doors
- With rolling steel door applications, a separate track is used. The Bug Blocker® can be mounted either in front of the rolling door, traveling straight up the wall, or behind the rolling door's track. Galvanized steel deep reverse angles and brush seal are used to seal the gaps between the rolling door and The Bug Blocker door. Since two tracks are utilized, the user can place The Bug Blocker® in the down position, and place the rolling door at any level within the opening, thereby regulating the amount of airflow allowed into the facility.
Bug Blocker® Overhead Screen Door Options:
Wire Screen Mesh
For security applications, specify the wire mesh that is .023″ diameter, 12x12 (lines/inch) 304 stainless steel. Extremely strong, this screen has been approved in many states for minimum-security institutions and detention centers. Yet, the opening size allows ventilation without sacrificing the ability to keep out most insect species. It also meets Federal Specification Standard A-A-1037 for 304 stainless steel wire mesh.For food processing applications using flour, grain, and rice products on the premises specify the wire mesh that is .011″ diameter, 30x30 (lines/inch) 304 stainless steel. It was chosen after extensive testing by the USDA Agricultural Research Service. Their testing established this screen's ability to prevent entry by even very small insect classes that are of special concern to food facilities using flour products. These small classes include the sawtooth grain beetle, merchant grain beetle, rice weevil, cigarette beetle, foreign grain beetle, granary weevil, etc. Test documentation is available upon request. This screen alsomeets Federal Specification Standard A-A-1037 for 304 stainless steel wire mesh. Expanded Metal 5/8” 20 gauge 304 Stainless steel and Galvanized Chain Link mesh is also an option for your Behind Rolling Screen Door.
The Bug Blocker® Overhead Screen Door can be motor operated using industry standard operators. A solid torsion bar should be specified in this application.
- In applications where high security is desired, The Bug Blocker® Overhead Screen Door can be specified with aluminum bars horizontally every 6 inches throughout the sections.
The Bug Blocker® Overhead Screen Door System provides users with a permanent solution for controlling employee theft, and unauthorized entry. Its aluminum and stainless steel construction allows easy wash-down from highpressure hoses. Overhead door screens help keep out birds, rodents and insects too.
Companies in the food industry, or that provide products to the food industry, and are inspected by the FDA, State, USDA, A.S.I. (American Sanitation Institute), or A.I.B. (American Institute of Baking) should consider this product as part of their non-chemical pest control program. Bug screen doors help you comply with the new FMSA regulations.
Commercial customers using The Bug Blocker® include Amazon, Wal*Mart, Costco, high technology electronics plants, plastics manufacturers, cosmetic manufacturers, printing plants, paper plants, pet food processors, distillers, distribution centers, and all types of food processing, storage, and packaging plants. Additionally, any company with security concerns can benefit from this product.
- The Bug Blocker® Overhead Screen door is constructed with an aluminum frame and uses 304 stainless steel wire mesh (see screen options). All hardware meets the overhead door industry standard for commercial grade usage.
- Professional installation is available and recommended by the manufacturer. For information on dealers/installers in a specific geographic area, please contact Rasco Industries, Inc.
Additional Documentation Available:
- The Bug Blocker® Product Family Illustrations (of applications)
- The Bug Blocker® Product Family Presentation
- The Bug Blocker® Product Family Data Sheet
- The Bug Blocker® Product Family Engineering Specification
- The Bug Blocker® Product Family Order Forms
- The Bug Blocker® Product Family End User Price Lists